This is what can happen if you don't actively manage your marquees on site in the event of snow.
Custom Covers Marquees are not snow loaded. This follows common practice amongst European manufacturers which typically do not include snow loading in design calculations.
Here are a few handy tips on managing the problem of snow on your marquee:
- If it snows, active management is required to keep any snow loading to a minimum.
- Removal of the snow is required, especially wet snow as this builds up weight very rapidly.
- Removal can be mechanical, by use of brushes from the outside or pushing from the inside, but it is important to check the area where the snow will land and ensure it is free of people and other obstructions.
- Build up can be significantly reduced by heating the structure to at least 12ºC as this heats the PVC and melts the snow as it falls.
- When clearing snow mechanically care needs to be taken if operating from ladders.
- Throw ropes over the structure and pulling them across the roof will also help loosen the snow allowing it to fall, ensure you are not in the landing zone.
For more details, click here
If you have any other questions regarding snow loading and protecting your marquee, please don't hesitate to call us on 02380 335 744